Many Minds are better than one
- You will get lots of new ideas from brainstorming
- Brainstorming will help build better team work
- Brainstorming will allow you to know your staff better
Brainstorming may offer a solution to your problems. You always need new ideas. In business it is deadly to keep doing the same things over and over The problem is to find new ideas. I believe that the best source of new ideas is the people who work for you. They know the business and the customers.
The following are the steps to put it into action.
Focus on Quantity
Get your team together or select a diverse group of people with differing skills. You need to identify the problem or new approach you want to discuss. Then work to generate as many possibilities , no matter how crazy, that your team can imagine.
The secret is to put all these ideas on the table without making any judgement.- Just get them out there, no matter how rediculous it may seem at first. That way everyone will feel safe in putting forward an idea or suggestion
Welcome Unusual Ideas
Your purpose is to get some new ideas that you haven’t considered before. That will be the source of a new solution to a problems or a new service or product. Be sure that the environment is relaxed. No cell phones or computers!
Combine and improve ideas
After the rich flow of ideas come the second part. Look at how some ideas can be improved or some could be combined.
Some More suggestions
1 Find a quiet location, preferably out of the office
2.Allow plenty of time
3.Define the problem carefully
4. Develop a relaxed atmosphere
5. Make sure no one criticizes an idea at the first stage
6. Encourage someone to run with another’s idea
7. Have someone who will write down the thought of the group
8. At the end, combine ideas and identify the most likely ones.